Saturday, September 22, 2012

my watchman, an ever-constant presence in times of need

this morning, as i conversed with a friend & enjoyed a bagel drizzled with honey, i was a naive woman. i was blissfully ignorant of the life-threatening dangers lurking within my own abode. not until the full alarm was raised did i realize the peril at my very doorstep.

or, in this case, at my very large window.




thankfully, my protector always detects dark treachery before it makes itself known to me, & he was on top of it, guarding me with his life.

take that, you rogue window treatment! kapow, transgressing venetian blind!


a victory well-earned. & herein lies his beauty; he never asks for laurels or money. gratitude & the occasional dentabone will suffice.

i can now rest easy, knowing that my home has been, continues to & will forever be defended by a most steadfast & selfless guardian.

hats off, my friend. hats off.


No comments:

Post a Comment