Wednesday, January 30, 2013

this girl is TIRED...

but happy.
(see the non-marked version on my dART page)

so today is what, jan 30th? i'm so exhausted that i can't even keep track of dates anymore. & it's not like i really went out & diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid anything substantial, not really. all i did was grab three pieces of transpo to get from grand to columbus circle, my fingers crossed the whole time that i would not get lost. because that happens to me. because fuck you, Google.

anyway, slipped on the jeans, zipped up the boots--yes, the ones with heels. yes, i know the streets & the walking & the perils & the pains. but they're my favorite boots, i'm tired & cranky, & for once, i favored form over function, & i really don't care, says me, while my feet whimper, propped up on pillows on the couch...
fyi, mine looked like this.

not like this.
nor like these.











or did they...?

anyhow... where was i going with this? again with the tired.

point is, i went out, grabbed lunch (thumbs up to the tabbouleh at whole foods, btw), caught up with a pal from ages back, & had a damn good time. sketched some, engaged in people-watching, got asked where i go to get my hair did (got no words when i said that i don't really go anywhere--thanks for the genes, grandma!), & just in general wandered around. of course, not every day is going to be like this, & as the work sets in, i anticipate these becoming fewer & farther between. sort of sad, but that's reality, & that's okay.

all i need is the chance, to know this place is here & that i can stomp up & down 8th Ave all i want, as far as my hot little boots will take me.



No comments:

Post a Comment