Monday, October 3, 2011

God's POV

     "You don't believe Me."
     "Of course I..."
     I could see the way the words "do" and "don't" teeter-tottered on her lips. Indeed, despite the thirty-five years I'd given her, she was still very much a child. What she had yet to realize was that she was My child.



     "Do you hear him?"
     Like a petulant toddler, she glared for a minute, then looked out the window.
     "I don't know what you mean."
     "Yes, you do. I know all that you know."
     "Then why are you asking? I didn't think you needed to hear me say anything!"
     "I don't. However--"
     "I do," she whispered. Though she could not see it herself, the bruises on her heart had begun to deepen and rupture, approaching a black that did not belong. With sorrow, I watched her wounds swirl, throb, and burn. She clutched at her chest as the tears began to fall. "Alright."
     "Do you hear him?" Her heart roiled as she nodded. "Are you listening to him? Do you believe what he says?" No answer, but I knew what she was trying not to say. Though gentle, I was also firm. "Are you listening?"
     What My children often neglect to understand is that, as their hearts break, so does Mine. They have wandered into darkness, a darkness that I also have traversed. As much as many proclaim their knowledge of My temptation and hardships, few of them actually believe that I can feel pain. Physical, emotional, spiritual pain: it was all there. The one before me could not, for the better portion of her life, bring herself to acknowledge the reality of My walk, the very thing could bring her comfort.
     This night, however, was to prove pivotal. At last, she collapsed to the hardwood, admitting her inability to hide her every truth from Me. Cheeks now covered in tears, she managed a feeble response.
     "Yes. He's..." Her mouth stopped, and she raised her head. Brown eyes looked about, hoping for something she couldn't name. "He's--"
     Before she could continue, her body was gripped with convulsions until at last she went entirely rigid, her arms drawing into her side. The air around her thickened, and as she breathed, her head drooped until she at last lost consciousness.
     "Enough. Show yourself."
     Blood-black claws materialized, clenching her biceps, ahead of sinewy limbs and curved torso. At last, a head formed, daring to appear in My presence. Two crimson eyes glowered at me, trembling with anger and terror.
     "She'sss mine," it hissed.
     "You dare claim My child?" I thundered, fire bursting from My mouth.
     The creature shrieked and ducked behind its quarry, but did not let go. My eyes burned, and a ring of fire exploded from the floor.
     "You would dessstroy both of usss! But it isss your own law! They mussst freely confesss! Thisss one hasss not only not confesssed, but she'sss alssso openly denied you! That isss where her heart truly liesss. She belongsss to my lord!"
     "You were not present the day I walked through your lord's door. If even he cannot subdue Me in his own house, then you can be sure that you will not emerge the victor here."
     The flames clung to and crawled up the walls of her bedroom, tongues voraciously devouring plaster, pain, and wood. As our surroundings burned, the demon shivered.
     "Your fireworksss mean nothing. You cannot go againssst your own waysss!" The T.V. just behind a foot away exploded just as the last hiss died. Though it was shaken, the beast's foul mouth still spewed sickening defiance. "She'sss mine! I will not releassse her!"
     At that, it opened its jaws and sunk its teeth into her neck. I watched blood spill down her torso, and the floor shook under the weight of my anger.
     "This will not end well for you."
     "I tell you again!" It spat saliva in My face. "She belongsss to me! You cannot--"
     A rolling rumble not of my making interrupted the demon, and it started turning in every direction, blinking and glancing amidst more violent trembling. Its breath quickened. Though the fire around us continued to blaze, the flames turned a putrid brown-green-orange and emitted a stench so foul that it offended Me. The pitiful thing before me clawed at its own temples, unable to stop the throbbing, and it shrieked at the sudden appearance of a massive black cloud. It grabbed My child and skittered backward, using her as a shield.
     "F-f-for you, my graciousss liege," it stammered, proffering the limp body to the swirling darkness. "A sssacrifice mossst pleasssing to you."
     Its master materialized without warning at its back, and before it could hiss another syllable, a nauseating and juicing slice did its job. A head bounced across the hardwood, rolling to a stop before My presence. The pathetic creature's eyes were wide open, mouth agape with the tongue lolling onto the floor. Two massive arms, hands clasped, reaching out from the darkness. Soon, the cloud dissipated, and he appeared, cracking his knuckles and his neck. With a chilling smile, he looked directly at Me as he slurped black blood from his claws.
     "That... was most pleasing."

No comments:

Post a Comment