Sunday, July 24, 2011

a giant leap forward

so i can't believe i'm doing this. reasons why, after the jump.


i'm actually releasing my fiction into a public forum for an audience of indefinable size. this is very new and very uncharacteristic of me. it's only been within the past six weeks or so that i've learned to open up and allow more than two sets of eyes to read my work, as i've always been quite shy about it. everything i write, whether for fun or assignment, is deeply personal to me, and there hasn't been a moment that i have really truly wanted to throw it out there for the world to see.

but things are changing, and i have been blessed to have good friends encourage me to share my talents. so here you go, a whole manner of my writing for you to peruse. i will try to post current work, and depending on how confident i am about it, i might also post portions of the big piece (350+ single spaced pages to date). i'll also dig back into my files, and, if appropriate, i'll put up work from ages past. if i'm really brave i'll share the superhero story that i wrote for the fabulous pam raytick in seventh grade. but we'll see. baby steps first.

if you like, please feel free to comment. i appreciate any feedback because i know that i can always improve as a writer. those who know me are aware that i can be a sensitive person, but writers tend to be that way anyway (am i actually calling myself a writer now? wow...), and i'm learning to put my big girl pants on and deal with it. thanks for checking this out, and please enjoy!

jb

No comments:

Post a Comment